Monday, April 27, 2009

My Summer Resolution

Jamie and I: Football 2008

I have decided to be happy. That is my summer goal. Nothing big or grand, but it's significant. My bestest friend is in France for the next two months and hence we can't call, text or see each other. She won't be back in Provo until August. My other best friend, and college roommate of three years is getting married July 11. Needless to say, feeling slightly abandoned. But after reading my brilliant friend Amy's blog, I was inspired. I need to be happy. My happiness shouldn't be dependent on others. This is a wonderful opportunity. I'll be taking classes Spring Term and I can focus on my classes and I'll have lots of free time to read wonderful books and make new friends. It's going to be a great summer. I am going to be happy and I'm not going to feel sorry for myself. Let the good times roll.

3 comments:

Holly Dunn said...

You are so smart at such a young age! It takes most people MUCH longer to figure out this secret to life...your attitude depends on you, and nothing else! Have a great summer...and a great life!!!

I love you tons!

Cam said...

Jenny, you are wise beyond your years to understand that happiness is a choice of how to view life, an important part of which choice includes being grateful for the things you already have, even while striving towards future goals.

amy said...

girl. you got it. love you.