Sunday, July 12, 2009

Advice

"Advice. I'm great at advice." -Tom Hanks, You've Got Mail

So I have always known that I love giving advice. Friends come to me and I have no problem telling them what to do and what should change etc. However, I recently discovered that I'm not so good at taking advice. Especially when it's not what I want to hear and especially when I didn't ask for it. I quite enjoy believing that I have my life pretty well in order. I'm happy with where I'm at and where I'm going. But in light of this recent discovery I've realized I need to do better. For the most part when people give advice, it's well meaning. If I want to dish it out, I need to take it. So new goal- a.) be more careful about the advice I dish out- be more sensitive to other people's feelings and b.) be more open to the advice of others, they can have some good insights.

No comments: