Sunday, November 1, 2009

crisis

I'm going through a crisis of sorts. I won't graduate until April 2011 (which is a crisis in, and of itself) but I have every semester planned out until graduation. My schedule is jam packed full of English and education classes. I made the mistake of looking through all the English courses offered. I then proceed to look through the History and Political Science courses offered. I have concluded that I could be in school for a very long time. There are so, so many classes that I want to take. I have no time to take anything other than what I have to in order to graduate. I'm feeling quite sad about it. I really wish I had come to BYU knowing what I wanted to do. I could have graduated on time and I could've had time to take the classes that I'll never again get the chance to (including religion classes!) I'm quite bummed. I was trying to find a way to fit a minor of some sort in- history, psychology, or political science- but I can't. I wish I would've taken greater advantage of my opportunities here. I still have time I know, but there are so many things I let pass me by. Forums and devotionals I didn't go to, classes I didn't take, lectures I didn't attend. I won't really have these opportunities again, and I wish I had realized that sooner.

2 comments:

Em said...

You will miss college with it's arms full to overflowing with fabulous learning opportunities, BUT there are still plenty of chances to read and learn and be enlightened afterward, they just require more initiative from you. It's not like you graduate and you're done.

You'll be alright, although it is kind of sad you feel so rushed to get finished.

Natalie said...

Honey, I feel your pain. Completely and wholeheartedly.