Tuesday, November 24, 2009

things i'm thankful for

This is 21st Thanksgiving, therefore to honor this, here is a list of 21 things I am grateful for (in no certain order). I am grateful...

1. BYU is only raising their tuition 3% while California raises theirs 32%
2. For
MLIA- which continuously keeps me entertained at work and during long nights in the library
3. My awesome family and the fact they live so close
4. I only have one more semester of French after this one is over
5. I have a great job and great co-workers
6. I have two awesome roomies and a great apartment
7. For my Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement
8. It has yet to actually snow
9. I have a car
10. I am receiving a college education at BYU
11. BYU Men's Basketball season has started
12. Old friends
13. Friends who know how to make me laugh
14. The opportunity to be part of an awesome major (and eventually career!)
15. Nice people
16. The beautiful Utah mountains
17. My cousins, sister and close friends who have chosen to serve the Lord on a mission
18. The ability to pay for things without my parents help
19. The Holiday season- when everyone is a little kinder and more giving
20. My testimony of the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph Smith
21. The opportunity I have to teach Relief Society
22. Two wonderful home teachers who actually come every month
23. The wide variety of people I've had to chance to associate with throughout my life in multiple states and countries
24. The Constitution of the United States and subsequently my freedom
25. The men and women who have and do sacrifice to protect my freedom
26. Two parents who love each other loads and love their kids- and express it!

So I realized that as I was about to write the 27th thing I'm thankful for that I had surpassed the allotted number. But ya know what? I'm so thankful for so many things- the list could go on. What are YOU thankful for?

2 comments:

Caitlin Nibley said...

Jenny! I forgot that you were taking French - and I can't remember if you are liking it or not. Well, I am in love with the French language! So I hope that you are at least enjoying your class. We should speak in French together! Hope to see you soon! Love, Caitlin

Cam said...

I'm grateful for a niece who is grateful for so many wonderful things. :)