Thursday, August 13, 2009

hello beautiful

Guess where I'm at. I'm sitting in the living room as I watch Gilmore Girls. That's right. I'm watching tv in the living room while simaltanously using my computer. My dreams have come true. I now have in my possession a laptop. Thanks to some help from my lovely parentals (who I am paying back just for the record) I went to Best Buy and made the purchase. I know nothing about computers but after some research I picked one out and I'm in love. I named her Scout but I'm still not sure about the name (ps- you get bonus points if you know where the name comes from).
And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Today was wonderful. I got off work early due to graduation which was a much needed break. AND my boss informed me that come fall I get a $1 raise! Booyah! That puts me at $9.50 which is really good for an on-campus job. And because it was such a wonderful day I had to celebrate. I stopped by Cafe Rio for a delicious dinner of pork salad. Lovely. Life is good my friends. Life is good.

2 comments:

Em said...

Is that to kill a mocking bird Scout? That's the only one I can think of.

Jenny Dunn said...

yes! You're a winner. Hands down that's my favorite book and I wanted my computer's name to have some kind of cool reference.