Monday, August 10, 2009

tis true

I finally saw the movie I've been dying to see for months. (500) Days of Summer. It was amazing. Everything I dreamed of and more. I highly recommend it. However- I'd like to give a warning. It is not your typical romantic comedy at all. Boy does not end up with girl (I'm not giving anything away- it tells you this at the very beginning of the movie). And that's what makes it so perfectly wonderful. It's real. At first as I was sitting in the theater I was heartbroken, because I love happy endings. I wanted Summer and Tom to be together. I felt gypped and robbed of the happiness that these movies are supposed to provide me. But then I realized- this is how it really goes. You don't always end up with the person you wish you could. And ya know what? That's ok, life goes on. There's some heartache, sure, but it's not the end of the world. That's what this movie showed. So, combine a fantastic soundtrack, an adorable (well dressed) boy and a cute girl with a fantastic style and you get one original, creative movie- which is how I think it should be.

No comments: