Tuesday, August 18, 2009

it's calling me

In less than 24 hours I will be in my home state. I feel it calling to me. I know that home is where your family is, and therefore home is now Salem, UT but I can't help but think of NY as home. When people ask me where I'm from I hesitate ever so slightly before saying "my family lives in Salem, Utah" (notice the phrasing- very carefully worded). I have a love for NY that won't go away. I love it- all of it. Yesterday at work I was putting pins in the map on the wall of where all the TAs and the people in our office are from. I ever so sneekily put my pin in Ithaca, NY. I think I'll end up moving it, just so people don't get confused when I tell them I'm from NY and yet somehow my dad is a professor on campus (it's happened many a time, and therefore I've reverted to the above phrase). But I look forward to a brief return to my home state, and even though we'll be six hours away from my town, I'm quite please to once again inhabit this lovely place, if only for a few days.

No comments: