Monday, August 3, 2009

welcome august

These two buildings are my second home- the SWKT and the JFSB.

August is officially here and it is with mixed emotions that I enter into this month. Fall semester begins in less than a month. I have to be honest and say I am excited. I love the new semester and new classes and new adventures. I love the return of students to campus and the constant buzz and flurry of excitement between classes. I love that I'm going to be a senior and that I know campus like the back of my hand. I love that I'm going to begin my education program. I love that my friends who moved away for the summer will be back. I love that I get to move into a new apartment with my best friend and meet new people. I love that all the TAs I work with will be back. I love that football season begins. I love the cooler weather.
But I do not like all the reading, tests and homework. But I guess they balance each other out. I love learning. I like going to classes and coming away with a deeper insight into a piece of literature than I could have had on my own.
August also brings the return of Angela. This is probably the most exciting thing. In three weeks (August 18th to be exact) I will be on a red eye with my parents on our way to the city that never sleeps to pick her up from her mission. I can't believe it's been 18 months. Time flew by. We've grown closer since she left, as weird as that may sound. But through our weekly e-mails I've told her everything about my life and I can't wait to have my best friend back. Although, I'm sure things won't always be as peachy keen as I'm envisioning I'm looking forward to the adventures we'll have together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! That's so exciting that Angela is coming back!!! Give her a hug for me =)

Em said...

Yup, you pretty much summed up 80% of what I miss about college. Enjoy it while it's your life. Soon enough it won't be.
I'm excited for you to have Angela back, although without her weekly email I'll probably know next to nothing about how her life is going... so uh, keep me in the loop, will ya?